What is cellulite? It is also known as an orange peel effect in which women suffer from fat accumulation on various parts of the body. The major parts which get affected are the thighs and hips, the lower region of the body. It affects the appearance of the skin like creating a dimple and wrinkle effect and is painless. This effect is caused by the fat cells, which traps the toxins and water within the skin. Hence this needs to be removed in order to make those effects disappear.
What causes it?
Having cellulite is usually misunderstood with overweight, but, it’s a misconception. Many thin people also suffer from cellulite, but losing weight can help in reducing cellulite. There are many factors that cause cellulite which are as follows:
- Improper Diet – Eating excess of carbohydrates, salt and fats can cause an increase in cellulite level. Similarly, low consumption of fibrous foods like whole grains, fruits& vegetables, beans, seeds and nuts can help with cellulite to not show up in the appearance.
- Lifestyle – Lifestyle has a great impact on the appearance of the body. Smoking and exercise can determine the way it appears and how intense it is. Sitting or standing in one position should be avoided and no smoking will get you through it. Also getting out in the fresh air and exercising will definitely help.
- Clothes – You should not wear tight fitted clothes for longer duration as it may result in restricted blood flow which can cause cellulite.
- Genes – Genetic factor can cause cellulite. Some genes develop cellulite and it can be genetic.
- Hormones – Our body has so many hormones and some of these hormones can cause cellulite too.
What are the cellulite treatments?
There are many cosmetic treatments available to get rid of these cellulites. Some of them are as follows:
- Laser treatment – This is an FDA approved technique in which cellulite is treated with laser energy. The laser devices such as Velasmooth are capable of melting fat within the skin and enhance the production of collagen. In our opinion it is one of the best cellulite treatment available today.
- Liposuction – It is a surgical procedure in which accumulated fats are removed from the body. This treatment is capable of removing stored fat deep in the skin, which in turn may prevent cellulite. The cellulite however, may increase with the procedure as it can create a depression in the skin.
- Mesotherapy – This European technique uses injections of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other enzymes to travel deep inside the skin, the mesoderm layer. It is capable of breaking fat cells and improves the appearance of cellulite. You may suffer from redness on the skin and unevenness of the skin.
- Massage and spa treatments – This has a temporary effect on the body, but it is a non-surgical treatment. They don’t actually remove cellulite, but enhance the appearance with the massage of skin, making it smooth and shiny. Its effects are short-lived due to the removal of excess fluids.
- Cellulite creams – Some of the creams in the market are capable of dissolving fats and smoothes skin. These creams contain aminophylline which is a prescription drug for asthma. There are no significant results seen by using such creams.